About Me

My photo
Isle of Bute, West Coast of Scotland, United Kingdom
Too old to be a rock chick, so I am the hippy hen! Environmentally and socially conscious, eco aware vegetarian goddess. Human and animal rights activist Against discrimination in all its forms. LGBT Ally. Lover of music, chocolate and crochet.. Womb cancer survivor.

Thursday 14 December 2017

Back on Folksy - well maybe!!

When I was first diagnosed with cancer I started a shop on Folksy selling my handmade creations (mostly jewellery) and donated the proceeds to Macmillan.
However after a couple of years I closed the shop and began donating the proceeds from sales to our local fundraising group here on the island. That way it helped push up their totals every year and it also meant that I was allowed to have a small stall at their coffee mornings to sell my items.

Since then I started to raise funds for other good causes and charities mostly via Facebook. I have raised funds for various charities over the years - you can read more on our website

I am thinking about re-opening my Folksy shop for 2018. My craft work is something I do for therapeautic reasons but I'm running out of space for it all. I do occasionally post off boxes of goodies to various charities for them to either sell or use for raffles and tombolas etc but sometimes its not always practicable to do so. 

I haven't decided which good causes to support through 2018 and there is a chance that I might not even go ahead with the re-opening but if I do then I'll let you know!!

This will probably be my last post now until the New Year so I hope you have a nice festive season and that you get lots of lovely handmade goodies as gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment