About Me

My photo
Isle of Bute, West Coast of Scotland, United Kingdom
Too old to be a rock chick, so I am the hippy hen! Environmentally and socially conscious, eco aware vegetarian goddess. Human and animal rights activist Against discrimination in all its forms. LGBT Ally. Lover of music, chocolate and crochet.. Womb cancer survivor.

Thursday 23 August 2018

Waiting on a delivery.

You may remember that I've been crocheting some funky bags recently. Crochet is my first love and it was the first craft that I learnt. My Nan taught me how to do it when I was around 9 or 10.

I started a new bag a few weeks ago but ran out of yarn and have been waiting for a new ball to be delivered. I order my yarn off Ebay - living on a small island means the choice available to buy here is very limited so I get stuck into online auctions. 

It's like waiting for Xmas to arrive though as most of what I buy comes from China so delivery can take anything up to 6 weeks. Sometimes I even forget what I've bought so its a nice surprise when the postie turns up with all these little parcels!!



This is as far as we have got. I'm waiting on a ball of the pale blue so that I can add the handle and finish it off.

I've been waiting that long (well, it seems like ages!!) that I've started another bag using a cone of peach acrylic yarn that I had. The cone is that big that I'll probably get at least 2 bags out of it!!


Hopefully will get this finished by the time the blue yarn turns up!!

I'll keep you posted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment