About Me

My photo
Isle of Bute, West Coast of Scotland, United Kingdom
Too old to be a rock chick, so I am the hippy hen! Environmentally and socially conscious, eco aware vegetarian goddess. Human and animal rights activist Against discrimination in all its forms. LGBT Ally. Lover of music, chocolate and crochet.. Womb cancer survivor.

Friday 6 July 2018

Eeeek! What have I gone and done?

A big parcel arrived yesterday. When I say big, it was huge! 
5 kilo to be exact.

I had seen a post in one of the Facebook textile and fabric groups I am in about a place where you could fabric remnants from and I though, why not?

Now this is where things got a bit out of hand.

The link to the website was there and it said you got a bag of assorted fabric remnants for £8. Well actually the postage was £8 - the fabric was free!!!

Who in their right mind is going to pass up a bargain like that?

I have to admit here that I am not a sewer by any stretch of the imagination - I don't even own a sewing machine!!

But it was too good an offer to pass up, right?

So, when I started to unpack the parcel I didn't know what to expect. All the fabric was white or off white but there was fleece, toweling, chenille, upholstery fabric, lining fabric etc - so many different fabrics. 



Some were in quite large pieces, others were very small but it was a fantastic assortment and I was in my element.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with it all but I am sure I will think of something over the coming months.

If you would like a bag then check out the link here 

If you do get a bag then I'd love to see what you make with the contents.

1 comment:

  1. I did exactly the same! Sorted most of it into fabric types so far, just waiting for the creative genie to appear!

    ReplyDelete