About Me

My photo
Isle of Bute, West Coast of Scotland, United Kingdom
Too old to be a rock chick, so I am the hippy hen! Environmentally and socially conscious, eco aware vegetarian goddess. Human and animal rights activist Against discrimination in all its forms. LGBT Ally. Lover of music, chocolate and crochet.. Womb cancer survivor.

Sunday 5 January 2020

We're starting 2020 where we left 2019 - crocheting like crazy!!

Well, 2020 is now well & truly here.
I've have been busy crocheting all over the festive period & have even found the time to start something new.
I've been looking for an easy (& I mean really easy) beanie hat video to follow for a few weeks now as I wanted to make some to go with the scarves & the wrist warmers.
I can't follow written patterns to save my life so needed a simple video to follow. 
The one I settled on was fairly straightforward so on Saturday I set too & gave it a go. I didn't use the same yarn as she did - mainly because it was a US video & I have no idea what "worsted weight" yarn is. Anyhow, I just used some machine knit yarn I had and doubled it up and went for it.
The pattern proved easy enough to follow even for me and I was pleased with the result - even if it was a bit on the small side!!!
It was supposed to be an adult medium size but it might just about fit a child. But never mind, at least it looks like a beanie hat which is all that matters to me.



Feeling confident, I dug out some DK yarn & used a bigger needle & made another one.



This was was much better. Sizing was much better - it fit me perfectly!!







You can see the difference between the 2 of them here!!!
I followed the same pattern exactly!!





Anyhow, I'm now halfway through another one so be prepared to see lots of beanie hats in the coming weeks.
The weather is set to get colder so these will make a much welcome addition to the parcels I send out.

I'm hoping to get some parcels out in the next couple of weeks - just waiting to hear which homeless outreach projects want some items.

We've updated the website for the start of the New Year so please pop over & have a look. 

See you soon for another update.



No comments:

Post a Comment