About Me

My photo
Isle of Bute, West Coast of Scotland, United Kingdom
Too old to be a rock chick, so I am the hippy hen! Environmentally and socially conscious, eco aware vegetarian goddess. Human and animal rights activist Against discrimination in all its forms. LGBT Ally. Lover of music, chocolate and crochet.. Womb cancer survivor.

Thursday 31 December 2020

Goodbye 2020.

 Well, I think most of us can agree that 2020 has been a terrible year and we'll all be glad to see the back of it.

As most of you might know I make & donate crochet items - scarves, beanies & wristwarmers - to homeless outreach projects around the UK. I've been doing this since around Oct. 2018.

I've just done my end of year tally and am quite surprised by the number off parcels that I've sent out considering that we were self isolating between mid March and mid September so no parcels went out at all. 

Having the Royal Mail start their new collection service has been a gret help as I no longer have to rely on hubby to go into town to the PO for me. Our lovely postie collects all my pacels and makes sure they go on their way!!

So, 33 parcels went out this year around the UK. From Glasgow, Manchester & Liverpool to Cardiff, Birmingham, Nottingham & London.

I have made 99 scarves, 256 beanies and 26 pairs of wrist warmers. I have certainly made a dent in my huge stash of yarn and I want to say THANK YOU to those people who have sent me donations of yarn because I certainly couldn't do all this if I was having to purchase the yarn.

I will of course continue to make and donate items in 2021because as much as I wish it wasn't, the need is still there. There are still thousands of people who are homeless and having to survive out on the streets. A warm hat and a scarf might not solve their problems but I'm sure it will help keep them a little bit warmer than they would otherwise have been. 

There are so many wonderful people up and down the UK who run local outreach projects with volunteers and go out in the evenings to offer hot food and warm, dry clothing etc to people on the streets and sadly due to covid restrictions during 2020 many of them have been unable to continue with their work as usual.

Hopefully 2021 will be better or all of us. I shall of course continue to crochet away, and make as many scarves, hats & wrist warmers as I can and donate them wherever they are needed.


Thank you too, for following what I do and if you've donated yarn then please know it is very much appreciated. I never turn down yarn!!!

Wishing you a peaceful and covid free 2021.😊

No comments:

Post a Comment