About Me

My photo
Isle of Bute, West Coast of Scotland, United Kingdom
Too old to be a rock chick, so I am the hippy hen! Environmentally and socially conscious, eco aware vegetarian goddess. Human and animal rights activist Against discrimination in all its forms. LGBT Ally. Lover of music, chocolate and crochet.. Womb cancer survivor.

Thursday 1 April 2021

Welcome April

 Today is 1st April - and there is no joke here whatsoever!!

Doesn't seem that long since we moved into 2021 and here we are now already 1/4 way through the year.

We're still in semi covid - lockdown although some restrictions are being lifted in various parts of the UK. 

It is a nice sunny day here on west coast of Scotland but still chilly out there - weather looks set to get cold & wet again next week though.

I've decided to wind down with the scarves & beanies for the summer. You may remember that I kept on making them all through 2020 but I ended up with a huge stash of them that I struggled to pass on to homeless outreach projects come the autumn/winter as many of them had stopped their outreach work due to covid restrictions.

So this year I have decided to take a break from the crochet for the summer and have a rest and maybe do some other crafting or make a start on the huge pile of books that I have bought but not yet got round to reading.

My yarn stash has been seriously depleted and I've been resisting the urge to buy more yarn as I know if I buy any I will also have the urge to pick up my hook and make more items. But at least I've got something to look forward to in buying more yarn later in the year ready for when I start making again for the autumn/winter as that will be when the scarves & hats will be in most need.

Just got a couple more parcels of items to go out this week then thats it for a few months. Hope I don't start getting withdrawal symptoms!!

I've just found a FB group for local crafters so it will be nice to see what others are making here on the island. 

Hopefully I'll have some craft news to share with you over the coming months so until then - happy crafting.





No comments:

Post a Comment