About Me

My photo
Isle of Bute, West Coast of Scotland, United Kingdom
Too old to be a rock chick, so I am the hippy hen! Environmentally and socially conscious, eco aware vegetarian goddess. Human and animal rights activist Against discrimination in all its forms. LGBT Ally. Lover of music, chocolate and crochet.. Womb cancer survivor.

Monday 20 September 2021

September Challenge

 At the start of September, I set myself a challenge. I decided to crochet a beanie hat a day throughout the month so that by the end of September I would have a stash of 30 beanies ready to send out to any homeless outreach projects that needed them.

Well, its now 20th September and I am still on track. 20 beanies done and 10 to go.

Not a huge challenge I will grant you but its been fun to do and I've been posting a daily update on both my Instagram & FB page.
















I started out posting pics in the morning as i was starting each new beanie but that got a bit boring after a week or so, so now I post a pic of each days completed beanie!!!












Should have enough yarn to finish the project and any left will go into making some more scarves as they will also be needed come the winter.

Not sure where these will end up being sent to but wherever they go hopefully they will help keep a few people a little bit warmer this winter.

Until next time.

😉

UPDATE - Well September is now over and I have successfully completed my challenge.

Here are 30 completed crochet beanies!!



😃😃

No comments:

Post a Comment