About Me

My photo
Isle of Bute, West Coast of Scotland, United Kingdom
Too old to be a rock chick, so I am the hippy hen! Environmentally and socially conscious, eco aware vegetarian goddess. Human and animal rights activist Against discrimination in all its forms. LGBT Ally. Lover of music, chocolate and crochet.. Womb cancer survivor.

Thursday 25 October 2018

Wrist Warmers in the post.

You may remember a couple of posts ago I mentioned about making the wrist warmers and donating them to homeless outreach centres.

Well I am pleased to say that the first parcel of 12 crocheted wrist warmers has just gone down to the Post Office (courtesy of my lovely husband)

They are on their way to Hope Kitchen in Oban, which is not far from me here on Isle of Bute. I mentioned in a previous post that I was hoping to add some other bits in with the wrist warmers like a pack of tissues, etc but I haven't been able to get into town to buy anything and as the temperature is set to drop dramatically this weekend, I wanted to get them posted out asap.


So hopefully they will arrive soon and be out to good use.

My stash of yarn is increasing not decreasing, thanks to a swap I did with a local lady for some embroidery threads that I no longer want - which means I have some lovely new yarn to make another batch of wrist warmers which will be going a bit further afield. These will be off to Birmingham to an organisation called Birmingham's Homeless Support Team It's my home town and I have a lot of affection for the place so am happy to support them.

So best get my trusted crochet hook out and start making some more.

See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment