About Me

My photo
Isle of Bute, West Coast of Scotland, United Kingdom
Too old to be a rock chick, so I am the hippy hen! Environmentally and socially conscious, eco aware vegetarian goddess. Human and animal rights activist Against discrimination in all its forms. LGBT Ally. Lover of music, chocolate and crochet.. Womb cancer survivor.

Saturday 15 August 2020

Supporting Indie Sellers - Part 1

As promised last week here is the first of a regular (I promise, honestly) series of blog posts aimed at promoting small independent craft businesses that I follow on social media.

As I explained in last weeks blog, so many of them are struggling due to covid and I want to try and do my bit to give them some exposure.

So this week we start, where else with crochet!! As you know its something I love doing and over the past couple of years I have been making lots of scarves, wrist warmers & beanie hats and donating them to homeless outreach projects around the UK.

Now, I've been crocheting since I was around 14 years old, so thats over 40 years and I am amazed at the number of  younger people who are doing this craft and making some amazing creations.

First up is a lovely lady called Tanya who I follow on Twitter (@Tanyawarren) She has a lovely shop on Etsy and makes the most amazing crochet animals as well as baby clothes.

Another amazingly talented young lady is the daughter of a friend who lives here on Bute. Hazel also has an Etsy shop and makes the most stunning crochet clothing and accessories. You can follow her on Instagram too.

Another couple for you to follow on Instagram is the lovely Lisa at Hooked on Rainbows and Claire at Creative Crochet by Claire.

The last one to share with you is a fab maker who goes by the name of @LittleConkers on Twitter. She has a lovely website full of lovely gift ideas.

So there we go, some lovely crafty crocheters for you to check out. Please follow them on social media and show them your support and check in again next Sunday when I will share some more fab crafters with you.

Oh, before I forget, if you are a crocheter yourself then why not pop over and join the new FB group I recently set up. Only a few in there at the moment so we could do with some more hookers!!! Share your projects and WIP's and have a general chat. All skill levels welcome so we look forward to you joining us.


Until next week. 😄


No comments:

Post a Comment