About Me

My photo
Isle of Bute, West Coast of Scotland, United Kingdom
Too old to be a rock chick, so I am the hippy hen! Environmentally and socially conscious, eco aware vegetarian goddess. Human and animal rights activist Against discrimination in all its forms. LGBT Ally. Lover of music, chocolate and crochet.. Womb cancer survivor.

Sunday 9 August 2020

It's me again!!

Hello, how is everyone coping with lockdown? I know that its kind of oficially over now and things are supposed to be returning to "normal - whatever that is but we are still isolating here voluntarily due to serious long term health issues so we are now at 145 days since I had any face to face contact with another human being other than my husband!!

I'm still crocheting away making beanies, scarves & wristwarmers for the homeless but am not able to post out parcels so they are all being stored away ready to go out when hubby can get into town to the PO for me.

So there isn't really much for me to blog about really but I don't want to get into the habit of not doing regular (or semi-regular!!) posts so thought I'd do some posts promoting some of the wonderful small independent craft businesses that I follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc. 

Many of them are struggling at the moment so any exposure that helps generate sales for them will be great. I run a FB page called The Handmade Revolution which does the same sort of thing. I just love seeing all the wonderful handmade items out there and this is my way of supporting the people who make stuff seeing as I can't afford to buy all the lovely things I come across!!!

So look out for the first post next Sunday - I am aiming on doing this weekly (fingers crossed!!) so keep any eye out for new posts on a Sunday afternoon.

To wet your appetite go check out Isle20 which was set up at the beginning of the covid19 pandemic to support & promote small businesses that were based on the Scottish Islands. It's a fab website and there are loads of great artisna crafters on there.

So, I'll see you next Sunday for the first round up of lovely art & craft businesses for you to check out.


No comments:

Post a Comment